While the economy is in such a slump, there are many earth friendly choices that can save you money while saving the planet.
1. Hang your laundry out to dry as your dryer is the second largest energy user in your house.
2. Go vegetarian. Fruits and veggies are good for your health and bank account. Fruits and veggies average out to about 70 cents a pound whereas beef averages $4 a pound.
3. Bike to do one errand a week.
4. Make your own cleaners.
5. Think before you print - do you really need to print everything you receive on your computer? Save it electronically and save money on paper and ink.
6. Use cloth napkins and replace paper towels with cloths you can wash and reuse.
8. Support your community and shop the local farmers market, the prices are better than the local grocery store and the freshness can't be beat.