Saturday, May 17, 2008

National Chocolate Chip Day

I think I have a new favorite holiday - Thursday May 15th was National Chocolate Chip Day! My daughter and I made 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies which we shared with neighbors, friends, and my coworkers. It was nice to bring a smile to so many people with such a simple gesture to let them know we care and of course we enjoyed a few cookies ourselves :) We also wrapped up 2 dozen cookies for our local fire station. Our town was hit hard this week with dangerous fires and our local firefighters, as well as teams from across the state worked for days straight to extinguish the fires and protect homes. Bringing them a sweet treat to say thank you for all their hard work seemed like the least we could do. So mark your calendars for next year and be sure to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day on May 15th, you won't regret it!

No comments: