Tomorrow May 16th is National Bike to Work Day so I thought I would give you time to plan your trip and some tips for your biking commute:
1. Find a safe route.
2. If you can't take your bike into work, find a safe place to lock it up.
3. Dress appropriately - wear clothes to bike in and change when you get to work.
4. Wear a helmet.
5. Lucky you if you live in Orlando - In support of Bike to Work Day on May 16th you can get FREE Coffee at ALL Orlando area Starbucks IF you ride your bike and bring your own mug.
Even if you live too far from work to bike or if you don't work, there are ways you can celebrate this holiday and help the environment.
1. Ride your bike to run errands.
2. If your child is in school, ride your bike to school with them.
3. Contact local officials to encourage them to make your town bike friendly - by creating bike trails and lanes and by installing bike racks around town.
Why bike instead of drive? Here are some facts:
1. If you drive an SUV and live 5 miles from work, you would save $346.32 a year by biking to work one day a week.
2. If you drive a Toyota Camry and live 9 miles from work, you would reduce emissions pollutants by 908 lbs year by biking one day a week.