One of the main complaints I hear about trying to be greener is the cost. Many items that are eco-friendly are more expensive than their conventional counterparts. So here are some green tips that will cost you nothing and may even save you money!
1. Reuse your towel - after showering, hang your towel up so it can be reused
2. Turn off lights, televisions, etc. when you leave a room.
3. Use natural daylight as much as possible, open blinds or curtains during the day to limit the number of lights you need to turn on.
4. Use your library for books, movies & magazines
6. Freecycle - check out this great movement at www.freecycle.org
7. Use cloths to clean up spills instead of paper towels
8. Stop using disposable items - paper plates & cups, paper napkins, etc.
9. Reduce your shower time - by keeping your shower time under five minutes, you can save as many as 1,000 gallons per month.
10. Go paperless with your bills and use the internet instead.