Instead of purchasing chemical cleaners or increasing your waste by buying multiple products, use baking soda from your pantry for a variety of uses.
1. Tile & grout cleaner – make a paste of 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water
2. Autos – remove dead bugs with a paste of 3 parts baking soda and a few drops of dishwashing liquid to one part water
3. Insect bites & stings – applying a paste of baking soda and water removes pain and irritation
4. Foot Smoother – massage with a paste of baking soda and water
5. Foot bath – soak your feet for 10 minute in a solution of 4 Tbsp. baking soda per quart warm water to relieve tired feet and soften calluses
6. Clean the inside of your refrigerator with a solution of 3 Tbsp. of baking soda dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water.
7. Exfoliate your skin. Apply a soft paste made of three parts baking soda and one part water. Massage gently with a circular motion, being sure to avoid the eye area; rinse clean.
8. Remove burned-on food from a pan by letting the pan soak in baking soda and water for 10 minutes before washing.
9. Clean sterling silver jewelry with a paste of baking soda and water. Use a soft cloth to wipe away all tarnish.
10. Think you have a lot to cleaning to do? More than 100 tons of baking soda were used to clean the Statue of Liberty’s inner copper walls during its 1986 restoration.