Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mixed Berry Syrup

It's Sunday and despite the fact that my daughter and I camped out in a tent last night with temperatures in the 40s - my daughter informed me it's still Pancake Day. So we went with our basic pancakes, but I was feeling creative and inspired by the delicious Florida strawberries that are in season so I whipped up a delicious mixed berry syrup to go with them.

Mixed Berry Syrup

2 cups fresh organic strawberries, sliced in half
1/4 cup evaporated cane juice
1/4 cup cranberry and blueberry juice combo
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Combine the evaporated cane juice, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Mix to remove any lumps. Add the strawberries and berry juice. Cook sauce at a low boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.

*** I used Ocean Spray 100% Juice No Sugar Added Cranberry & Blueberry

No comments: