Living a greener life doesn't mean you have to change your entire lifestyle, just making a few simple changes can make a big impact.
1. BYOB - Bring your own bag. Next time you're confronted with the paper or plastic question say neither and hand over your reusable bag.
2. Use a refillable aluminum water bottle instead of purchasing single use water bottles.
3. Eat at least one vegetarian meal a week.
4. Shop your city's Farmers Market for locally grown produce.
5. Turn off lights and televisions when you leave the room.
6. Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
7. Make your own household cleaners. Effective cleaners can be made with common household items like borax, white vinegar, baking soda, salt, hydrogen peroxide, and lemons.
8. Switch to an earth-friendly brand of laundry detergent.
9. Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs instead of standard incandescent light bulbs.
10. Remember the 3Rs - reduce, reuse, recycle.