1. Vinegar is a powerful antibacterial – killing 99% of bacteria according to some studies. Keep a clean spray bottle filled with straight 5 percent vinegar in your kitchen near your cutting board, and in your bathroom, and use them for cleaning. The smell of vinegar dissipates within a few hours. Straight vinegar is also great for cleaning the toilet rim. Just spray it on and wipe off.
2. Remove scaly mineral stains on glass. Just fill glass with vinegar and let sit. For glass shower doors soak a cloth with vinegar and lay on stain.
3. Fabric softener – pour a ¼ cup in the rinse cycle of your washer. This will also make towels more absorbent.
4. Clean brass - Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of white distilled vinegar and stir in flour until it becomes a paste. Apply paste to the metals and let it stand for about 15 minutes. Rinse with clean warm water and polish until dry.
5. Furniture polish – Mix ¼ vinegar and a few drops of olive oil. Dip a soft cloth in the vinegar and oil mixture, and wipe furniture.
6. Window cleaner - combine 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap or detergent, and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle and shake to blend.
7. Floor cleaner - Combine in a bucket - 1/8 cup Dr. Bronner’s Sal-Suds liquid soap, 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and a splash of lemon juice for a clean fragrance.
8. Clean the microwave - Boil a solution of 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar and 1 cup of water in the microwave. Will loosen splattered on food and deodorize.
9. Deodorize the kitchen drain - Pour a cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
10. Ant deterrent - Ant invasions can sometimes be deterred by washing countertops, cabinets and floors with white distilled vinegar.