Sunday mornings are pancake time in our house. Pancakes are my daughter's absolute favorite breakfast item! Today's pancakes were Vegan Banana Buckwheat and while they were not a favorite of my daughter - she likes bananas, just not in her pancakes - my husband and I enjoyed them.
Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
2 cups plain soymilk, divided
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1 cup unbleached organic flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. egg replacer powder
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 banana, thinly sliced
1. Mix 1 3/4 cups soymilk with lemon juice and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Combine flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Whisk egg replacer and 1/4 soymilk in small bowl. Add to soymilk mixture. Whisk in oil and maple syrup.
4. Stir flour mixture into soymilk mixture. Fold in bananas.
5. Pour 2 Tbsp. of batter onto griddle preheated to 350 and cook until batter bubbles and pancakes begin to brown around edges. Flip and cook 2 minutes more.