As fuel prices start to climb again, be sure your car is running efficiently as possible.
1. Be sure to perform your car's scheduled oil changes and tune-ups.
2. Check to see if you need to replace a clogged air filter.
3. Keep your tires properly inflated.
4. Drive smartly - use your cruise control on the highway, avoid quick accelerations and excessive braking.
5. Avoid idling, turn off your car in bank lines and school carlines.
6. Reduce drag by removing roof racks and avoiding excess weight in trunk.