Ready to start living a greener lifestyle, but feeling a little overwhelmed? Not sure where to start? Here are ten simple things you can do this weekend and still have time left over to nap in the hammock.
1. Switch your conventional lightbulbs to Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs).
2. It's spring - open up the windows and let some fresh air in instead of running the air conditioner.
3. Clean or replace your air conditioning filter and put reminders on your calendar to complete this task monthly.
4. Hang your sheets on the clothesline to dry. What a blissful way to fall asleep - under fresh, clean sheets dried in the sun.
5. Buy and install a low-flow shower head.
6. Check to make sure your car's tires are properly inflated to save on gas.
7. Make up a batch of homemade earth-friendly cleaners with items found in your pantry. Check my archives for some easy recipes.
8. Tackle some of your weekend errands on your bike.
9. Go meatless this Sunday.
10. Shop your local farmer’s market. You will enjoy fresher fruits and veggies while supporting local growers.