Even if you decided to celebrate an earth-friendly Easter, you will still have some recycling to do.
1. Gather up any plastic eggs and pack them up for next year, this will save you money and reduce the amount plastic you buy.
2. I know you were eco-conscious and avoided buying plastic Easter grass, but basket giving grandparents & friends may not have been - what to do with the grass? Use it to cushion items you ship or as filler in gift baskets throughout the year.
3. Reuse your child's Easter basket. We have a large natural basket we use throughout the year - it holds Christmas presents, Easter goodies, birthday gifts, etc.
4. Recycle any cardboard packaging.
5. Compost your Easter egg shells.
6. Don't be lured by after Easter sales unless it is to purchase decorations that can be used year after year or natural baskets that can be used for gift giving or storage around the house.