Wednesday, April 22nd is Earth Day, a day to reconnect with nature and to pledge to protect our environment. Looking for ways to celebrate Earth Day with your family?
1. Take a hike through nature and appreciate being outside.
2. Read Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax, a wonderful story with a powerful message.
3. Participate in a beach clean-up.
4. Sign a family pledge to make every day Earth Day by recycling, conserving energy and saving water.
5. Educate your children about key environmental issues like global warming, water conservation, protecting endangered species, and pollution.
6. Host an Earth Dinner - where the focus is on local, sustainable, and organic food. It is a time to reflect on the food's journey to your table - where was it grown and by whom? For more information on hosting an Earth Dinner, visit www.earthdinner.org