Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Happy National Farmers Market Week
Support your local farmers market this week in honor of National Farmers Market Week. Some benefits of shopping at your local farmers market:
1. Meet the people who grow the food you serve to your family and friends.
2. Connect with others in your community.
3. Help support local farmers and artisans.
4. Purchase fresh products at great prices.
5. Learn from farmers how to pick the best produce.
6. Cut your carbon footprint by purchasing food grown locally which is sold without excess packaging.
Do you love your local farmers market? Help them have a chance to win $5,000 by voting at http://www.care2.com/farmersmarket