Sunday, July 27, 2008

Exciting News

Sorry I haven't been writing lately, but life has been crazy around here and for good reason - I opened a green boutique. Since writing this blog I have encountered so many people who are interested in living greener, but can't find all the great green products locally. I have been so busy getting the shop ready, I haven't had a moment to blog, but now that I am open I will be writing more. The shop is located in Downtown Melbourne in a historic building. My neighbors are a yoga studio and a holistic healing center, so I am in good company. In the remodel of the shop, which was once offices, we reused a lot of materials that would have ended up in the dumpster. All the display pieces are recycled from my house, thrift store finds, or garage sale items reducing the shop's environmental impact. The store and displays are painted with low-VOC paints and we used a biodegradable low odor adhesive remover to restore the terrazzo floors which had been carpeted over. The store is stocked with my favorite earth friendly products and some great new finds. I am working on the store's website and hope to launch it soon. While I will profile some of the great products I have found on the blog, it will not be a series of commercials for the store. If you are in the neighborhood, stop by the shop & say hi - Chartreuse Life 528 E. New Haven Ave. Melbourne, FL 32901.

No comments: